[:en]Jordan’s Prince Ali bin Hussein will run again for the presidency of FIFA following the resignation of Sepp Blatter, his aide, Salah el-Sabra said on Wednesday.
Last week, Prince Ali pulled out of the election race against Blatter despite forcing a second round of voting by securing 73 votes among FIFA delegates against Blatter’s 133 in the first stage.
The prince has served as a FIFA vice president for four years, having run the Jordanian Football Association for two decades.
Blatter announced his resignation as the corruption scandal in football’s top governing body gathered pace.
Two days before his re-election on Friday, seven senior FIFA officials were arrested as the U.S. Department of Justice opened a 47-count indictment alleging racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies.
Other potential successors to Blatter include David Ginola, the former French footballer who pulled out of the presidential race before voting. Ginola, who played for a number of English football teams has confirmed his renewed bid.
Luis Figo, the former Portuguese star of Barcelona and Real Madrid, could also stand, as could Michel Platini, the president of European football’s governing body. Brazilian football legend Zico said on his Facebook page that he would also be interested in standing.