All the ten people earlier kidnapped in the Kuje Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, have been rescued alive by the combined effort of security agencies.
Briefing journalists in Abuja on the development, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Musa Bello, said that this was sequel to the joint operation carried out by security agencies, in which they successfully routed out a notorious gang.
Bello added said that the joint operation comprised of the Police Mobile Force, Operatives of the Command Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad, Department of State Security (DSS), Nigerian Army and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
He however, added that an officer of the Civil Defence Corps, Anumudu Uche, lost his life during encounter.
The Minister said that all the structures of the hoodlums had been dismantled and that security agencies had set up a surveillance mechanism for the 8,000 square kilometers of the Federal Capital Territory.
Also speaking during the Press Conference, the FCT Police Commissioner, Mohammed Mustapha said the Command had commenced a massive deployment to forestall any future occurrence.
He assured residents that they were presently making concerted efforts to arrest the dislodged hoodlums, noting that no stone would be left unturned to get them to face the consequences of their actions.
Darka Village in Kuje Area Council was attacked in the early hours of Sunday, leaving a 28-year old man, Zakariyya Nuhu dead, and injuring one other, with six people kidnapped.
In addition, a neigbouring village of Huni-Gade was also attacked on Thursday, where four people were also kidnapped.
The rescued victims, who were later handed over to the Gomo of Kuje for immediate rehabilitation are Fanus Emmanuel, Babangida Emmanuel, Akimmi Dauda, Japhet Kwasu , Dorcas Shuaibu, Kemu Cheik , Hamza Yunusa, Umar Godiri, Ismaila Yusuf and Abubakar Gomo .