Boxing: Fury Says ‘Historic’ Joshua Fight Would Be For ‘Free’
WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury on Wednesday said he would come out of retirement to fight Anthony Joshua in England provided the fight was free to watch and attend by fans.
The Gypsy King knocked out fellow Briton Dillian Whyte in April to retain his title before telling fans he would be sticking to his promise to his wife to retire.
In June however, Fury (32-0-1) said he was “over” boxing but has since changed his decision, saying he would sign the contract immediately to take on Joshua (26-2) provided his terms were met.
View this post on Instagram
“The fight has got to be for free,” Fury said in an Instagram post.
“Free to air on television and all tickets go for free. No money is to be made off of this British, historic fight if it happens. There’s the terms, I’m in the driving seat, take it or leave it.”
Fury and Joshua appeared to be on a collision course last year until an arbitrator ruled Fury had to fight Deontay Wilder for a third time.
Joshua lost his WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO belts when he fell to Ukraine’s Oleksandr Usyk in London in September, and the pair are set to meet for a rematch in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on August 20th.