Troops of Joint Task Force (North East) Operation HADIN KAI have rescued four abducted civilians and arrested several suspected terrorist collaborators during sustained operations across Borno State, the military said on Thursday.
The operations, conducted under Operation DESERT SANITY V and Siege Operations, also led to the surrender of family members linked to Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters and the recovery of weapons and logistics supplies.
READ ALSO: Troops Repel ISWAP, Bolster Security in North-East Nigeria
In Gwoza Local Government Area, troops intercepted and rescued four people — two women and two children — along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis.
The victims, identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali, 19; Halima Idrisa, 20; Umar Abdullahi, 3; and Mustapha Abdullahi, 4, were among residents abducted during an attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
“The victims had been held in a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains and were freed amid intense military pressure on insurgent hideouts,” said Lt. Col. Sani Uba, Media Information Officer for Operation HADIN KAI.
He added that after medical evaluation, the rescued persons were reunited with their families through community leaders.
According to Uba, 65 abducted persons have been rescued in the theatre so far, with efforts ongoing to secure the release of others.
Elsewhere, troops arrested a 50-year-old woman, Kellu Alhaji Abba, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa LGA.
She was found with clothing and supplies allegedly meant for a terrorist operative in the Dumba area, preliminary investigations showed.
In a separate operation along the Dalori axis, troops detained Amadu Abdu, 50, while he was transporting packaged goods believed to be destined for insurgents.
Items recovered included a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash. Investigators said he had been supplying logistics to terrorists in exchange for access to grazing areas.
At Kwaya Kusar Market, troops working with local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators found with stolen livestock.
All suspects are undergoing investigation.
The military also reported the surrender of two family members of insurgents: Aishatu Sale, 20, in Bama LGA, and Hauwa Abubakar, 70, who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
Both said sustained military pressure and shortages of food and basic supplies prompted their decision to flee.
“Sustained military pressure and lack of basic necessities within terrorist camps compelled their decision to flee,” Uba said, noting that all surrendered persons have been profiled and are undergoing appropriate procedures.
Troops also recovered an AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a known insurgent withdrawal route, further degrading the group’s operational capacity.
Operation HADIN KAI said the results reflect “sustained operational pressure” on terrorist elements in the North East.
The force reiterated its commitment to restoring peace, security, and economic stability in the region, and said measures were ongoing to neutralise threats and protect civilians.
The Military High Command also commended the troops for their performance and urged them to maintain the operational tempo.

