Tottenham Coach In Recovery After Gallbladder Surgery
Tottenham manager Antonio Conte is in recovery after he had surgery to remove his gallbladder.
The 53-year-old Italian required an operation on Wednesday after he was diagnosed with cholecystitis, an inflammation of the gallbladder.
Spurs’ next fixture is at home to second-placed Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday.
It is likely that assistant Cristian Stellini will take charge for the game.
“Thank you for your lovely messages, my surgery has gone well and I’m already feeling better,” Conte said on Instagram.
“Now’s time to recover, I can’t wait to get back on the field with the team.”
Tottenham have said Conte, who had been suffering with severe abdominal pain, will return “following a period of recuperation”.
“Everyone at the club wishes him well,” the club added.
Conte’s side are currently fifth in the Premier League table on 36 points, 14 points behind league leaders and north London rivals Arsenal.