Governor Approves Purchase of Agricultural Inputs for 2021 Farming Season
The Kwara State Government has approved the purchase of agricultural inputs such as fertilizers, seedlings, and herbicides for the 2021 farming season.
These farm inputs will be subsidized at a rate of 50% for the farmers and the State will be supporting not less than six thousand (6000) farmers with agricultural inputs across the State.
The Technical Assistant, Agriculture to the state Governor on Agriculture, Abdulquawiy Olododo disclosed this in a statement.
According to him, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq has further constituted the committees that would handle the input distribution for farmers across the State.
The committee members include:
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture (Chairman)
- Technical Assistant on Agriculture to His Excellency (Alternate Chairman)
iii. Ag. MD Agricultural Development Project (ADP)
- Director Agricultural Services, Ministry of Agriculture
- Director Engineering Services, Ministry of Agriculture
- Director Planning Research and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture
Vii. Fadama Coordinator
viii. Head of ICT/Technical, Agro Mall (Secretary)
The committee the statement added will be engaging various Stakeholders across the Agricultural Sector of the State, including various associations and cooperatives, on the distribution modalities of the farm inputs.