Nigeria Cricket Federation Concludes 2022 Annual General Meeting
The Board of the Nigeria Cricket Federation (NCF) have successfully conducted its Annual General and Full Council meeting for 2022, at the Kings Hall of the Corinthian Villa Hotel in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) which was earlier scheduled for December 2022 was postponed to the first quarter of 2023. The meeting which had 36 States of the country including the FCT in attendance, was designed to ensure a robust participation by all members involved.
Day One began with a board meeting where policies and decision governing the Federation were discussed and reviewed ahead of the new calendar year for 2023.
Day Two resumed with a strategic meeting where all delegates were broken into smaller groups to discuss and suggest strategies on programs and initiatives that can lead to the growth and development of the sport.
Key areas of discussed include Sport Association sponsorship strategies, equipments, facilities and personnel.
Day 3 was the annual general meeting proper where State delegates were given the opportunity to present reports of activities in their States for the calendar year 2022. The AGM concluded with presentation of starter pack equipment to the various states to kick start the NCF grassroots development program for the year.
At the end of the meeting, the following decision were agreed by the Full Council;
- That the activity as executed by the NCF in the calendar year for 2022 is approved.
- That the Financial report as presented by the Auditor for the year ending 2022 was adopted and approved.
- That the venue for the Annual General and Full council meeting be rotated across the country.
- That the Engagement of the external Auditor be extended for another financial year.
- That all clubs and affiliate bodies in the various states should route their request to the NCF through their various State Associations.